How To Use Contact Lenses Carefully?
Tips to use Contact Lense
Contact lenses are medicinal devices worn directly on the cornea of the eye. Like eyeglasses, contact lenses aid to correct refractive errors and carry out this function by adding or subtracting focusing power to the eye’s cornea and lens.
Need of contact lens
Contact lenses offer a safe and effective way to correct vision when used with care and appropriate direction. They can suggest a good substitute to eyeglasses, depends on your eyes and your lifestyle.
Basic Precautions & Care
- Always clean your hands with mild soap that has no cold creams, lotions, or oily foundation.
- Wet your hands thoroughly because any available soap can bother your eyes.
- When usageof contact lenses, make persuaded you use the tips of your fingers, and be alert to avoid your nails.
- For the protection of your eyes, it is suggested that contacts should be detached at bedtime due to risk of contagion and risk of contact lens bigotry.
- Do not swim using lenses because it can damage the lenses and eye infection may occur.
- Do not wash your face with lenses on. It increases the chances of infection in eyes.
- If you are feeling irritation by wearing coloured lenses or your eyes are getting red or blurred vision then contact an eye specialist immediately this are the indication of eye infection.
Procedure of Using Contact Lenses
- Let’s begin with your right eye.
- Rest the lens on the tip of your forefinger. Consign the middle finger of the same hand close to your lower eyelashes and drag down the lower lid.
- Put the lens on the eye. Kindly release the lids and start blinking. The contact lens will middle automatically.
- Use the same procedure when inserting the lens for your left eye.
- Centering theLens. A lens, which is on the cornea, will very infrequently be displaced onto the white part of the eye during wear.
- Removing theLens. Washand dry your hands systematically. Lookup,drag the lens to the lower part of the eye using the forefinger and remove it.
Few More Things:
- Ideas for selecting coloured contact lenses
Coloured contact are used to enhance the beauty of our eyes. But it is a medical device and therefore selection of coloured contact lenses should be done careful. Read out the best ideas to select coloured contact lenses.
- Types of Eye Infections due to coloured lenses
If you wear wrong or unhygenic contact lenses you may suffer from cornial infection which may be viral, bacterial, fungal or parasitic also. If a person do not take proper care of contact lenses may suffer from caratitis cornial infection. Keep your lenses clean and in a proper way to use them without any worry of infections.
- Don’t buy lenses from anywhere
Consult your doctor before selecting coloured contact lenses. Do not buy such lenses from a beauty parlour or general market without prescription. The dye used in coloured contact lenses may be harmful for your eyes because eyes are very sensitive. If you wear lenses which is not precribed to you then it may have adversed effect on your cornia.
While contact lenses are carefully used by large number of people every day, they do hold a risk of eye infection. So good contact lens care,sanitation habits are necessary to help avoid anxiety, blurred vision and hazard of eye infection.